Click to set custom HTML
Children Dental Emmergencies
What do I do if my child knocks their baby tooth out?
- Baby /milk teeth should never be put back in.
- If your child knocks out their baby tooth arrange a visit with us to make sure there has been no damage to the adult tooth growing in gum.
- If your child knocks out out an adult tooth then if you feel comfortable doing so, the best option is put the tooth back in it's socket.
- Only handle the tooth by the crown (part of tooth visible in mouth)and not the root
- Rinse the tooth under cold water or milk if contaminated with dirt
- Never leave the tooth dry or in water
- Then place the tooth holding it by crown portion back in the tooth socket and hold in place with a clean towel.
- If you can't return the tooth to its socket, place it in a clean container with milk.
- Call a dentist immediately.